Yum "Cannot retrieve repository metadata" error

phenix dalinhuang at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 09:32:43 UTC 2009

I have the same problem. This is what i do to solve it.

edit /etc/hosts, add the following hosts

80.239.156.215          mirrors.fedoraproject.org
152.46.7.222            download.fedoraproject.org
209.132.183.67          download.fedora.redhat.com

use baseurl instead of mirrorlist repos.

BUT, when upgrade complete, i can not reboot or bootup