dist-git proof of concept phase 1 complete

Hans Ulrich Niedermann hun at n-dimensional.de
Tue Dec 15 14:57:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:49:21 +0000
"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> Also git remote branches are quite painful, requiring non-obvious
> changes to .git/config or hard to use commands.  I'd rather do this
> once (for an everything-in-one-repository model) than for every single
> package I maintain.

I would presume that the to-be-written package handling tool (the
code name is "fpkg" AFAIR) would set up local tracking branches when...
uhm... needed (the exact triggers need to be worked out). It should work
out to fpkg calling

   $ git branch F-$n origin/F-$n

for appropriate values of $n, which is not much magic.

--
Hans Ulrich Niedermann