packages requiring me to reboot...

Eelko Berkenpies kaboon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 11:09:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Otto Haliburton
<ottohaliburton at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "nodata" <lsof at nodata.co.uk>

I don't like the term "experienced user" and I never feel comfortable
adding myself to that group but anyway,

- I don't want Windows to automatically reboot so I disable the
automatic Windows Update on the machines I'm using.

- I don't want my Fedora to reboot automatically so I disable and
remove PackageKit on the machines I'm using.

There isn't that much I could say about the times Fedora ask for a
reboot but at least I think it's kind of "unfair" to compare it with
an OS which pushes their updates just once a month.

Just my € 0.02.

--
With kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Eelko Berkenpies
http://blog.berkenpies.nl/