packages requiring me to reboot...

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Dec 17 17:05:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:51 AM, James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>  How do you plan on restarting firefox? Or you just planning to kill()
> and get the user to restart?

Trying to send a close button event to the app's windows is probably
our best short-term approach; slightly longer term, we could have apps
expose a standard interface for Quit (e.g. over dbus).

Knowing how to restart is trickier, (though we could use the
window-to-app mapping system we need for gnome 3 anyways) but it's
also very simple in this case if we require that packages contain at
most one .desktop file.