v4l applications

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 15:36:26 UTC 2009

2009/12/20 Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I will have a look on fmtools in ew days, but until then, patches
>>> welcomed.
>>>

>> The current fmtools developer, Ben Pfaff, told me he would send me a patch
>> soon. I will test it and then forward it to you.
>>

> Well, Ben Pfaff sent me a new version, and I have a src.rpm here:
>
> http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/src/fmtools-2.0-2.fc12.src.rpm
>
> http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/SPECS/fmtools.spec
>
> I also rewrote the spec file for including tkradio, a tcl/tk wrapper for
> fmtools.
>
> In my case, I need to call
>
>  /usr/bin/v4lctl -c /dev/radio0 volume mute off
>
> to unmute my radio (v4ctl is from xawtv).
>
> I reported this issue to Ben Pfaff, but at least fmtools is up again.
>
> If someone with a different capture card could test this new version,
> it would be great.
>
> Thanks.
Hi Paula, and thx for your work,

Have you made a cvs request, so you can commit the spec directly?

Once that said there are few things I dislike in your src.rpm:
- The original source code of fmtools-2.0 doesn't seems present.
(same problem as fmcontrol), but I expect it to be present when the
release will be made official.
- You don't install with -p
- the desktop file could be bundled within the original source code and :
X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.15 should only be added by
desktop-file-install on %install
- Requires: tk seems a big dependency for a simple cmd line tool as
fmtools, Can you sub-package tkradio ? (or submit another package for
it ?)
- You haven't keept the changelog from the fedora package, Can you
rebase on it ?

Thx