Help with packaging

Conrad Meyer cemeyer at u.washington.edu
Mon Dec 7 02:25:06 UTC 2009

On Sunday 06 December 2009 04:01:54 pm Robert Spanton wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 19:16 -0800, Conrad Meyer wrote:
> > I'm experiencing trouble trying to get one of my packages (sdcc) to build
> > for Fedora 12. It builds on Fedora 11 and older (just double-checked in
> > mock). It seems to be some sort of change in how RPM uses
> > __os_install_post or how brp- strip-static-archive works between F11 and
> > F12. Anyone familiar with any such changes?
>
> You might find it useful to have a look at what I'm doing in msp430-libc
> with __os_install_post.  I think I was inspired to do this by what was
> done in avr-libc.

Thanks, I'll try doing that now. Unfortunately it seems like that will stop
rpmbuild from stripping the (native) sdcc binaries, but I'd like to see the
package building.

> RPM seems to be one of those things where knowledge is passed on by word
> of mouth between generations :-/

Yes, and perhaps more work could be done with rpm to improve support for
cross-compiler-related packages.

> p.s. Sorry for not replying sooner -- I don't read all posts to
> fedora-devel, as I would go insane :-P

I'm glad to get any help.

Thanks,
--