Fedora release criteria completely revised

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Dec 8 09:52:41 UTC 2009

On 12/07/09 23:55, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

Hi -

> these pages, not nice-to-haves. You must be able to commit to the idea
> that, if any criterion on the page is not met, we would slip the release in
> question.

I think it's great you guys are looking to increase
Quality-with-a-capital-Q.

''9 There must be no SELinux 'AVC: denied' messages or abrt crash
notifications on initial boot and subsequent login''

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Final_Release_Criteria

It might be wise to specify on what particular set of test machines or
platforms you want to see not abrt stuff from.  Because current F12
kernels kill a 4-core box here and iwlagn gives abrt warnings on this
laptop, but it's still otherwise fine as a released kernel.

It's not realistic to hold a release until the kernel never crashes on
any platform.

-Andy