Promoting i386 version over x86_64?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Dec 9 18:37:07 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 09 December 2009, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 12/08/2009 09:26 PM, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> > These probably aren't things to be generally overly concerned
> > about though,
>
> ... try a yum update over GSM or over a modem and you'll very soon
> experience what I am talking about.

Been there, done that occasionally.  Scenarios like that just don't happen to
be part of what I meant by "generally".

But I'd have nothing against "purifying" x86_64 repos and instructing people
who need something from ix86 repos to enable them as well.  I suppose this is
something PackageKit could even suggest on demand.  Anyway I also suppose that
if it was this simple, it would have been done already.