Yum "Cannot retrieve repository metadata" error

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Dec 15 15:36:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 05:32:43PM +0800, phenix wrote:
> I have the same problem. This is what i do to solve it.
>
> edit /etc/hosts, add the following hosts
>
> 80.239.156.215          mirrors.fedoraproject.org
> 152.46.7.222            download.fedoraproject.org
> 209.132.183.67          download.fedora.redhat.com
>
> use baseurl instead of mirrorlist repos.

We've had some problems with DNS during the Fedora Infrastructure
move, but these should be resolved now, eliminating the need to edit
/etc/hosts or the yum .repo files.

If you find you still have problems, please file a ticket with Fedora
Infrastructure. https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO