dist-git proof of concept phase 1 complete

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 17:37:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 15:57 +0100, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:
> I would presume that the to-be-written package handling tool (the
> code name is "fpkg" AFAIR) would set up local tracking branches
> when...
> uhm... needed (the exact triggers need to be worked out). It should
> work
> out to fpkg calling
>
>    $ git branch F-$n origin/F-$n
>
> for appropriate values of $n, which is not much magic.

Right.

fpkg checkout --full kernel

that would give you kernel/devel kernel/F-12 kernel/F-11 etc...  where
each of those subdirs map to the appropriate origin/F-1? (or in the case
of devel, to origin/master).  Any git push/pull from those dirs would do
the right thing.

fpkg checkout kernel

that would just get you kernel/  and in that directory would be
the .spec and all the other stuff.  It would be the origin/master.  From
there if you did:

fpkg checkout F-12

It would essentially do a "git checkout -b F-12 --track
origin/F-12" (unless the local F-12 branch already existed).  So again
push/pull would do the right thing.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!