packages requiring me to reboot...

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at tx.rr.com
Tue Dec 15 18:01:35 UTC 2009

I am not sure what the argument is, factually there are packages that have
files open, locks and etc. that need to be shutdown to update, if they are
running and you replace the executable, doesn't mean that the memory image
is replaced.  It is quicker and simpler to just reboot, also the list of the
packages that cause you to reboot is probably longer than the ones that are
flagged.  I think that a reboot should be made whether necessary or not,
clears up a lot of grief.