dist-git proof of concept phase 1 complete

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Dec 18 20:18:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 14:02 -0600, Adam Miller wrote:
> True, but the only two commands I need to know are 'cvs up' and 'cvs
> commit'. It just seems as though from the conversation in this thread
> there will be a bit more knowledge needed with the git branching and
> what not (or could potentially be needed). Again, I'm not against this
> ... I've been looking for an excuse to force myself to learn git a bit
> better, but I do think this is something that might want to be taken
> into consideration.

It has been in the plans all along to hide most/all of git behind fedpkg
calls, even more than cvs was hidden.  I just wanted to make the point
that very very little of CVS was hidden.  The only added potentially
sticky point is how to get from the rawhide view of content to say the
F-12 view.  But as I said, that'll be hidden behind fedpkg for those
that don't want to use git directly.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!