Pulseaudio problem with xine, xmms and mplayer

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Dec 19 18:33:38 UTC 2009

Hi,

Whenever I try to run xine, xmms or mplayer from the command line, I
keep getting an error from pulseaudio

Assertion 'pthread_mutex_unlock(&m->mutex) == 0' failed at
pulsecore/mutex-posix.c:108, function pa_mutex_unlock(). Aborting.

It makes no difference if I try to use ogg, mp3 or wav files, they all
fail and die with the same error.

I'm using pulseaudio-0.9.21-3.fc13 and the
2.6.32-0.65.rc8.git5.fc13.i686.PAE kernel

PAM fires up and reports all the audio devices are running fine.

Any ideas?

TTFN

Paul