Koji stuck?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 23:30:02 UTC 2009

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:19:37 -0500, Orcan wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:02:24 +0000
> > Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I kicked off a couple of builds last night which appear stuck on koji.
> >> I had checked they build locally with a make mockbuild before
> >> submitting and all was fine.
> >>
> >> The builds are:
> >>
> >> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=147755
> >> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=147756
> >>
> >> Should I just cancel and resubmit, or?
> >
> > I've seen this same thing in some other emacs packages builds.
> > Something just causes them to get stuck. ;(
> >

> There is a -O2 flag issue that causes some builds to hang. Maybe those
> emacs hangs are related to this bug in gcc

They just seem to hang.

> It happened to 2 of my packages. Removing -O2 makes things compile in
> my packages. (No I didn't do official builds without -O2 flag)
>
> Someone filed a bug about this a while ago but unfortunately gcc
> maintainers don't seem to care much.

There has been activity in bugzilla.redhat.com related to this, however.
See e.g. http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/gcc and look for "eternity":

  http://bugzilla.redhat.com/532763

The temporary work-around is to compile with

  -fno-var-tracking-assignments

and that also works for lv2-c++-tools in the review queue, btw.