dist-git proof of concept phase 2 ready for testing

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Dec 21 03:30:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 09:46 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Either way, you want to branch from an old revision, create new ones in the
> branch, and, what's different from a private topic branch, build the
> packages from the branch for dist-f12-updates-candidate and eventually queue
> them in Bodhi.
>
> What's the best way to handle this?
>
> Right now, in CVS, you can create a CVS branch within the F-12 branch as
> long as you manage to create a branch name which passes validation and build
> from there. (AFAIK, private-* branches can be abused for builds, and it's
> also possible to create branches with names which look like build tags,
> which also get through validation.)

I'm not a real fan of allowing official builds to happen from branches
like this.  I'm ok with them being created and shared for various
topics, but the official builds should come from origin/master or
origin/F-??  Coming up with namespaces that we allow for shared repo
branches will be a discussion to have.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!