rpm cpio error: prelink and SBCL

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 16:55:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Jerry James <loganjerry at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> wrote:
>> You need to first prelink -u on a copy of the program, then
>> run it and let it dump itself, then package it up.
>
> Ah, thanks.

FWIW, this didn't work.  It solved the problem with generating
uninstallable RPMs, but the binary RPM contains a pristine SBCL image.
 I know a good image was dumped, because it is executed during the
build to generate some auxiliary files.  I see it running in the log,
so something about the binary RPM generation stripped out all the
built stuff and threw it away.  So far, the only successful build came
from a spec file with this entry:

%global __prelink_undo_cmd %{nil}

--
Jerry James