Add extra generated RPM requires - how?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Dec 29 14:11:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 08:26:45PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> For libguestfs [RHBZ#547496] I want to add some extra 'Requires'
> dependencies by running a shell script over a particular file that
> gets generated during the build.

As a follow-up, here is what I did:

  http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/libguestfs/

Specifically, adding this to the spec file:

  Source1: libguestfs-find-requires.sh
  %global _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
  %global __find_provides %{_rpmconfigdir}/find-provides
  %global __find_requires %{SOURCE1} %{_rpmconfigdir}/find-requires

along with my custom find-requires shell script:

  http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/libguestfs/libguestfs-find-requires.sh?view=markup

Rich.

PS. I'm convinced I posted the above information before, but now I
don't see it on the list.  Maybe I'm going mad, or maybe you'll see
two messages about this ...