RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Feb 3 18:11:59 UTC 2009

On 2009/02/03 11:04 (GMT+0100) Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) composed:

> Actually, I would say that basically everyone benefits from any power
> savings, no matter how small they are (you know, reducing our energy
> consumption, saving the planet, all of that...)

By that analogy, all desktop puters should be shut down whenever they are not
generating responses to inputs, or actually accepting inputs, and the time
lost in shutdown and restart is an acceptable cost, because the energy
savings is non-zero.

There are such things as reasonable threshholds and de minimus. I'm not
convinced that that data presented for this so far is valid, much less above
threshhold. 8 million trees naturally sounds like a lot when out of context,
like the way politicians typically speak of spending and taxes. In the
context of double or triple digit billions, 8 million isn't particularly much.
--
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your
mouths, but only what is helpful for building

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/