RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:07:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 13:37 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>> I would appreciate it if you tried to keep this discussion civil.
>
> It wasn't directed at anybody. All I was trying to say is that we
> can't just claim we ignore tradition. Fedora after all is Unix:
>  "Those who ignore Unix are bound to reinvent it ... poorly"

You don't have to direct it at anybody..for it to be uncivil. Every
emotive outburst is a step along a downward spiral as it drags the
overall tone for the discussion down.

> Maybe. But I still don't see how you can eliminate the blinking
> cursor for all the other X apps.

what other X apps have blinking cursors. did I miss a terminal
emulator of merit.?
All the other X based terminal emulators I just installed default to no blink.

-jef