Fedora Project, give me 20 Million Euros or Free EDA software

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 4 23:40:55 UTC 2009

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> If Fedora wants to ship
>> tools to integrate such repositories more closely with Fedora, or to
>> contribute to building such a repository, I would support that effort, but I
>> don't think it should be done in the same repository as our software.
>
> The question is who defines your "our software" ?
> I consider OVM [snip]

I don't know enough about OVM to comment. I was replying to Nicolas
apparently wanting to ship image, music, video (music video?), etc.
libraries next to octave.

> I don't think one can define "our software".

By "our software" I mean "stuff in Fedora, which is mostly software plus
data needed to make that software useful". Emphasis on "needed".

If Fedora included software that used OVM, and OVM was relatively
important to that software being useful, then I wouldn't object to it.
As above, I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough to form an
opinion as to the merit of OVM without such software.

--
Matthew
We interrupt this e-mail to bring you a lame signature attempting to be