Fedora 11 Release Notes Update

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Tue Feb 10 13:51:52 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Niemueller" <tim at niemueller.de>
To: "Development discussions related to Fedora"
<fedora-devel-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:12 AM
Subject: Re: Fedora 11 Release Notes Update

> In short I'd like the first page to be a very rough overview of the
> top-five or so new features and most noticeable changes (before any TOC,
> abstract, legal notice), short, precise, and to the point.

Would be nice, but ...

Fedora has a lot of different audiences.  A huge feature to one audience is
a non-event to another.  The release summary on the wiki tries to get at the
big hitters, but those are big hitters in one person's opinion.  In releases
like the upcoming one, even the release notes themselves are hard to triage.
There are a huge number of changes, so many that even the "important"
changes will likely make the release notes too long.  We almost need
seperate announcements for each audience.

--McD