Fedora 11 Release Notes Update

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Feb 10 22:17:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 13:07 +1000, ryan lerch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have finished creating a mockup of the fedora 11 release notes [1]
> This document has a slightly different structure than what has been
> used in the past, so any comments or ideas for improvement will be
> apreciated.
>
> To make changes to the release notes, still edit the beats [2] on the
> wiki, and then i can convert those changes over to DocBook (using
> publican) and update the mockup[1]
>
> Hopefully this slightly different approach will allow us to have a
> better idea of what the release notes are going to loook like a bit
> eariler on in the development cycle.

Looks great.

One possible change.

I understand the navigation top and bottom for text based browsers, but
given nice style sheet stuff in modern browsers (and long pages of text)
it would be good if the navigation just stayed in the same place for
modern browsers.

Is there any chance (using style sheets) that the navigation could adapt
to the needs of the browser (allowing the old school top and bottom navs
for older and text based browsers) and using a single, inplace, always
visible nav for newer browsers?

R.
 It's much better on my side"