Kernel build question

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 02:13:56 UTC 2009

I had asked the fedora-list for help regarding building
the latest stable kernel 2.6.28 in FC7. But no one came
up with the answer to this problem:

The kernel builds and installs without a hitch.
The following entry in grub.conf is made:

title Fedora (2.6.28.4-1.fc7)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.28.4-1.fc7 ro root=LABEL=/1 rhgb quiet
hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.28.4-1.fc7.img
        config /boot/config-2.6.28.4-1.fc7

When I boot it panics:
.
.
.
Red Hat nash version 6.0.9 starting
Unable to access resume device (LABEL=swap-sda3)
mount: could  not find filesystem /dev/root
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
Kernel panic: not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

I understand all these messages (except fot the Kernel panic)
are comming from nash.

Is it possible to fix this problem without having to install
fc9 or fc10?

P.S: I dont get any of these messages when I boot kernel 2.6.23.17-88

Thanx!