Fedora 11 Mass Rebuild

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 02:12:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 20:42 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:
> Er...I might not have thought this through enough but the reason I
> brought this up on IRC the other day was that I'm not convinced this
> won't be equivalent if you're changing the arch and compiler out
> underneath. Where will the i586 versions of those packages be to
> bootstrap with?

I don't believe any library paths are changing, lib/ isn't suddenly
becoming lib586/.  We've had i586 builds going for a day or so now, with
no fallout yet.  Of course, if fallout is discovered before the script
starts, we can make some decisions then.  Until then...

> And what will happen when something wants a static
> library file to link against?

This one is a little bit more interesting, perhaps everything that is
static should get a second rebuild pass.  Of course, now I'm going to
want a good programmatic way of discovering what is statically compiled,
preferably without having to look at the binaries themselves.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!