Heads up for rawhide users: if you missed an update, you're stuck

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 02:29:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 22:09 +0100, drago01 wrote:

> > I will note that F11 Alpha contained rpm-4.6.0-0.rc3.2.fc11, so a fresh
> > install of the alpha can not be updated.
>
> Upgrades from testX* releases to final where never supported (well
> most of the time they work but its not something where QA is spent
> on).

Sure, but in practical terms, installing the most recent pre-release and
then updating to rawhide is usually the most reliable way of installing
rawhide, given that upgrading from the most recent stable release
involves more changes (and hence more chance of breakage), and
installing rawhide itself is often broken.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey