Ready for new RPM version?

Conrad Meyer konrad at tylerc.org
Sat Feb 28 01:33:04 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009 05:25:25 pm Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 16:10 -0800, Conrad Meyer wrote:
> > On Friday 27 February 2009 04:00:33 pm Conrad Meyer wrote:
> > > Keep in mind there are plenty of non-IMAP users nowadays too... Gmail
> > > isn't very useful when you get 200+ emails a day, and not everyone is
> > > using some sort of IMAP server. In the end I don't think most Fedora
> > > developers will want to run on their personal computers (unless they
> > > have an extra lying around).
> >
> > Oops.
> >
> > s/to run on/to run Rawhide on/
>
> Then why do you think other distributions don't have a problem with
> this?

Other distributions don't treat their development branch as as much of a
bleeding edge testing ground. As Jesse pointed out, if we tried to make
rawhide usable, we'd end up creating a 'Rawerhide' that serves the same
purpose as rawhide today. So how about you just pretend F-10 is 'less-raw
hide' and work with that? I bet most Fedora devs do.

Regards,
--
Conrad Meyer <konrad at tylerc.org>