Fedora 11: What do we expect?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Feb 2 01:11:38 UTC 2009

Casey Dahlin wrote:
> /me wonders how much of this could be solved by writing a wxPackageKit
> and letting people choose the appropriate wxWidgets implementation.

wxWidgets has no Qt/KDE backend. Nor even a GNOME one, just pure GTK+.
Especially system services will often need more integration. Though
gnome-packagekit in particular doesn't use that much of GNOME. On the other
hand, KPackageKit uses quite some KDE stuff: it has a kded4 service and
integrates with systemsettings.

There are also separate HIGs for KDE and GNOME.

        Kevin Kofler