FEL's commitment lineup

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Feb 2 01:13:24 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> How does a general question like that apply to this specific situation?
>> To me, it's clear that Chitlesh would like to see what is Free to be
>> available in Fedora, to encourage further development of what is not
>> Free yet.
>
> But there are other people in the field who believe this is
> counterproductive, see for example the reply from the Toped author:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-electronic-lab-list/2009-January/msg00016.html

I fail to see where counterproductivity as such is mentioned, but I can
say this:

That's a very, very different discussion then "code vs. content".

Also, I do read:

"And now the next question - is it feasible to develop an open source
SystemVerilog simulator in the near feature? I'm sorry to say - but it
seems not. Not soon. Too little resources for a too big task. I'll be
happy if somebody proves me wrong."

Which to me reads like it needs time, community, and support -not
counterproductivity. Fedora can offer these three for free, and may
benefit from it. It's a nifty, kinky line of business I do not
understand the least bit about, but I fail to see where this is negative
and therefor not accepted into Fedora.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip