RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Tue Feb 3 01:46:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 20:26 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > Don't force this sort of stuff on people like that.
> >

> you mean in the same way you're forcing the use of more power on me?

Not at all. I'm not forcing you do to anything, I'm all for
having an option and a decent UI to change this IF YOU WANT.

But changing the default does indeed forces stuff on users
as regular folks are not sophisticated enough to figure out
WTF their computer stopped working as expected.

Changing the status-quo on basic things like this is just
not cool. The burden of proof is on the people doing the
change, and 1W doesn't cut it.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.