look at this: samsung nc10 bootchart with mobil V2

Brian Maly bmaly at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 17:34:31 UTC 2009

Harald Hoyer wrote:
> Brian Maly wrote:

>>> What about parallelizing udev and rc like in moblin ? Any gotcha
>>> there ?
>>>
>>> Simo.
>>>

>> What would happen if you parallelizing udev and rc on some ancient
>> piece of hardware? Im thinking you might not ever get to a boot screen.
>> But you could check to see what sort of CPU you have and parallelize
>> conditionally if the hardware can handle it. Conceptually I think
>> parallelizing this stuff is a novel idea. Its feasible in that its
>> been done (i.e. the demo). And if we could optimize udev a bit we
>> might gain a few more seconds there too.
>> Good topic of discussion anyway...
>>

>> Brian
>>

> And how do you know, that an rc script does not need a device, which
> is created by udev?

Yeah, there would certainly have to be dependencies in the rc scripts. I
would imagine if one of the rc scripts needed a device, it would be in a
wait state until the device comes up. The mechanism to achieve this
seems somewhat crucial. It will be interesting to discover how Moblin
addresses this issue.

Brian