RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Tue Feb 3 19:06:26 UTC 2009

> - the 2W savings is only on a patched radeon driver, AIUI
>   (although it could theoretically be ported to other drivers

This is great news!

The user will now get different experience depending on what
graphic card they use!

Folks, this borders insanity. If we do that, it has to be
as a _system_ setting that affects all drivers equally.

This is like turning off flush only on a Seagate Barracuda 7200.9
because it saves 1W for those drives.

This way lies madness.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>