RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Tue Feb 3 20:53:48 UTC 2009

> I fail to see how a solid cursor is that much harder to find than
> a blinking one. Unless you're only entering solid boxes as text?

There's a reason it's been like this in like ... forever.
Doesn't it strike you as strange to change one of the
longest established conventions on a whim?!?

Where are the scientific usability studies that are
required here whenever other changes are proposed?

On a busy X session (I typically have 30-40+ windows open)
not having a blinking cursor is crazy.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.