RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Feb 4 01:59:10 UTC 2009

Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 02:13:18AM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> Josh Boyer wrote:

>>> Those were already provided.
>> Are you referring to Felix Miata's table?
>>
>> To me these read more as a joke but real defined testing scenarios.
>
> No.  Matthew already outlined exactly how he took his measurements.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-January/msg02387.html
OK, he measured a random sample in a single setup, without providing
details of what he actually did - Without providing these details, it's
just one sample without much significance.

He did not specify which software was running, what with this machine
during the measurement etc.

Also: 1-2W of ca. 100W is 1-2% of the absolute value.
If the measurement device should be this
http://www.powermeterstore.com/p1206/watts_up_pro.php?p_tab=specs
which is specified to have an accuracy of
"+/- 3% (loads above 10 watts)",
then this measurement is below the accuracy of the device and not much
more but a "tendency".

Ralf