RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Feb 4 07:51:54 UTC 2009

Brian Wheeler wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 01:27 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> seth vidal wrote:
>>> Tradition is not an argument in fedora.
>> Sometimes traditions have good reasons - There are reasons why wheels
>> are shaped round and not rectangular.
>
> Just as a nitpick, wheels are round for a technical reason, not because
> of tradition.

A matter of perspective. Some will say cursors are blinking for
technical reasons.

E.g.
* When using real terminals (or remote logins or runlevel 3), they often
are the only indication of a system being alive or not.
* Certain applications apply multiple cursors. The active one often is
blinking to highlight it.

Conversely: Most kids, at some point in their lifes will proudly present
their parents the vehicle with triangular or rectangular wheels they
assembled from LEGO kits or similar.

Ralf