Fedora tested in c't: grub missing feature

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 07:52:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Pierre-Yves <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> Looking at the bootable sector is there not a way to retrieve those info ?

If I knew the answer..I would have suggested it. The question was not
rhetorical.

What defines a distribution? For fedora right now doesn't that pretty
much comes down to checking the fedora-release package version in the
installed rpmdb?

We aren't going to be doing that sort of thing for slackware-esque or
debian-esque or foresight-esque or gentoo-esque distros. We may be
able to detect opensuse or other rpm based systems that
way...maybe...if the rpm databases are compatible with the rpm we
have.

-jef