Fedora tested in c't: grub missing feature

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:35:56 UTC 2009

2009/2/4 Thomas Bendler <ml at bendler-net.de>:
> This is simply ignorant.

I make absolutely no claim that I am anything more than supremely
ignorant.  This is why i am asking questions. I don't know how to do
it. I make no claim as to how to do it. I am saying that it is my
understanding that right now our installer tastes for existing Fedora
installs by looking for at the on system rpmdb.  If I'm wrong about
that, please tell me how I'm wrong.

Sadly you didn't provide anything close to an idea that was
implementable.  "Look in the filesystem", isn't concrete enough. What
in the filesystem is hallmark Mepis for example or hallmark Foresight?

-jef