What is the state of bulez4?

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 11:29:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 16:00 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>         2009/2/3 Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com>:
>         > I upgraded to bluez 4.28, but not has changed.
>

>         You originally mentioned F10 so I am a bit confused as that
>         bluez
>         version is from rawhide.
>
>         Are you currently running a mix of rawhide and F10 packages?
>
>         In F10...the off- the-shelf bluetooth mouse I have also works
>         fine and
>         its detected via the gnome ui tools.
>
>         I have some custom bluetooth devices...i built myself...which
>         I'm
>         accessing via rfcomm with pybluez...and they work fine.
>         hcitool and
>         sdptool work as expected for these devices...even though I
>         pieced them
>         together myself.
>

> It is F10. I only updated bluez to 4.28 to see if I could
> connect if I used a newer version, but nothing changed.
>
> I can connect the mouse on another computer, also running F10,
> but with a different bluetooth adaptor.
>
> However, booting F8, on the same computer where F10 could not
> connect, I have no problem connecting my mouse or any other device.

My guess is that your mouse doesn't like being paired with the same
adapter but different link keys (if any).

Put your mouse into pairing mode and set it up using the
bluetooth-wizard ("Set up new device" in the applet's menu).

Don't use hidd (which is only there for debug purposes, eg. launching
"hidd --show").

Cheers