RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Thu Feb 5 12:51:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 11:04 +0100, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
> > The only
> > people benefiting from it is the ones doing mental calculations about
> > trees saved. That's a tiny minority.
>
> Actually, I would say that basically everyone benefits from any power
> savings, no matter how small they are (you know, reducing our energy
> consumption, saving the planet, all of that...)

It irks me that people have to couch this argument in
"environmentalism". I'm much too broke to have the luxury of engaging in
that game of elitist one-upmanship. What I *do* care about is that
number to the right of the $ on my power bills...

That blinking cursor *directly* costs me money that could otherwise go
towards food, bills, rent and paying off debt. Some of us are on a tight
budget.

(Anxiously waiting for UPS to bring me my kill-a-watt meter...)