Fedora Project, give me 20 Million Euros or Free EDA software

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 22:44:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Still, for pure content files, I think we don't even have to go that far, a
> simple web browser is enough. It makes no sense to "install" those files,
> you can just download or even stream them. Ergo it makes no sense to
> package them either. We package stuff to allow it to be _installed_, not
> viewed.

Once the updated remix trademark guidance is final I can fulfill my
primary desire of being able to bundle select content and still
associate the media with the fedora project.

I think there is a benefit to the Fedora brand by showcasing some
consumable open content that can be further remixed with the tools on
the same media. But that sort of initiative orthogonal to traditional
"packaging"

-jef