Validity of the CD size limit nowadays [Re: Features/ArchitectureSupport - changing what we build for]

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Fri Feb 6 09:54:09 UTC 2009

> Callum Lerwick wrote:
> > We're going to need this eventually. As flash drives get bigger, FAT
> > becomes more and more undesirable.
>
> That's what ext2/ext3/ext4 is for.

Except that I most often use USB sticks for transfer among Windows
machines, as they need constant reinstalling and don't come with such
niceties as ssh and rsync. And some WinXP does not have network drivers
for out of the box...

Though as USB sticks get bigger I suppose it becomes more practical to
just partition the drive out and put a full Fedora install on it...