Why are updates processed so slowly?

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 6 13:43:40 UTC 2009

ONe question arrises when thinking about it:

What does that single person really sign for? I mean: When I upload an
update to a package I maintain, does the signing by that "super secret"
key have any other meaning than: "Yes it came from choeger who has a valid FAS account"?

Really, why do we need that key to have a password?
Shouldn't it be suffice to have all FAS keys signed properly and use them to sign packages when they're handed in?

Maybe Jesse himself could clarify that a bit.