rawhide report: 20090206 changes

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 14:53:14 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:

> Le dimanche 08 février 2009 à 15:16 +0100, drago01 a écrit :
>> their problems?
>>
>> Nobody said that UTF-8 cannot be used (for names) but don't use random
>> UTF-8 chars as bullets, they don't add any value and are harder to
>> read even when the app displays them correctly.
>
> Difficult to read is a valid complain and I'll endeavour to use only
> easy to read glyphs. Thank you for the feedback.

Every package uses "-" as bullet point, besides yours.
This is not only inconsistent but can/may confuse users "what is this
weird thing supposed to mean"

> << Even when the app display them correctly >> → would it display a
> contributor name any better?

If the app cannot display UTF-8 chars it needs to be fixed.
But the names are not the issue here.
Did you ever see somebody complaining about a UTF-8 name? (hint: answer is NO)

So please don't try to drag another unrelated issue into this discussion.

The problem that Jesse (and many other people) pointed out are the
bullet points.