Fedora tested in c't: grub missing feature

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Feb 8 19:48:39 UTC 2009

On 08.02.2009 20:03, Jud Craft wrote:
> Dumb question.
>
> Is there any reason you can't....
>
> Create new GRUB menu...
> For each disc (connected to PC at install time)
> --For each (non-swap, non-NTFS partition)
> ----if /boot exists...
> ------copy GRUB menu entries from that partition's /boot/menu.1st or
> whatever-the-file-is
>
> Then add Fedora entry and all previous GRUB entries to the new Fedora
> GRUB, then install?

Which would lead to the problem with like:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-February/msg00490.html

But anyway: But I guess something like above is what OpenSuse and Ubuntu
actually do and that's why c't complained as Fedora didn't do it. Did
anybody take a closer look at the solutions from OpenSuse or Ubuntu or
did this whole discussion happen without anybody checking that?

CU
knurd