How to reduce cached memory? Oracle

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Mon Feb 9 05:43:15 UTC 2009

What about when you are running an Oracle database and don't want to cache
the database files twice, once by the database it's self and once because
the OS has ram.
Then you get a double hit when you are looking for something.
Once against the file system cache and then you hit the database.
Is there a way to tune for this?