We are different: kernel changelog

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 09:02:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 12:50:13PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Looking at
>
>   rpm -q --changelog kernel|less
>
> one can observe that all kernel maintainers, who added %changelog entries
> recently, no longer add the package EVR as required by the guidelines:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Changelogs
>
> Why?

Dunno, but if we want to enforce this guideline, we could really do with
some rpm macro that can be added to koji's build macros, to make RPM
exit with error if e-v-r is missing from changelog. Sure RPM lint warns
about this, but it really ought to be easy enough for RPM itself to treat
this is compulsory if we want it to be that way.

Daniel