One source, multiple packages?

Steven Moix steven.moix at axianet.ch
Tue Feb 10 09:32:23 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the generation of multiple packages from one
source, I can't find anything about that in the packaging guidelines.

I'm looking at packaging Motion [1] (which will probably end up in RPM
Fusion, but it doesn't change my problem), but it can be compiled with
several options people may want to use, like mysql or postgresql
support. The problem is that you can't divide it into sub-packages, at
the end it generates one big binary file.

What should I do from here? Chose the options I care about and push the
package that way? Propose 2 different packages? Anything else?

Thanks
Steven

1: http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome