Fedora 11 Release Notes Update

Tim Niemueller tim at niemueller.de
Tue Feb 10 14:04:11 UTC 2009

John J. McDonough schrieb:

> Would be nice, but ...
>
> Fedora has a lot of different audiences.  A huge feature to one audience
> is a non-event to another.  The release summary on the wiki tries to get
> at the big hitters, but those are big hitters in one person's opinion.
> In releases like the upcoming one, even the release notes themselves are
> hard to triage. There are a huge number of changes, so many that even
> the "important" changes will likely make the release notes too long.  We
> almost need seperate announcements for each audience.

Hmm, the journals do a pretty good job then. I understand that we have
many target audiences and you can broaden the release notes as much as
you want. But still there are usually only a handful of "big things" per
release which the news sites pick up, and mostly the chosen features
among the news sites are pretty congruent. And this core
features/changes (say the 5% of changes that interests 95% of the usersm
something like Plymouth or PackageKit comes to my mind for the last
releases) would be a good starter, maybe even to tease people to read
further.

My two cents,
	Tim

--