Heads up: Noarch Subpackages

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 12:04:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:16:22AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:54:01AM +0100, Florian Festi wrote:
> > With version 4.6.0 RPM supports subpackages being noarch by just
> > adding "BuildArch: noarch" to their subpackage section in the spec
> > file. There now is a Feature [1] that tries to bring noarch
> > subpackages to Fedora. There are still some koji fixes that need to
> > hit the Fedora build system. So noarch subpackages DO NOT WORK within
> > Fedora YET. We hope that this can be solved soon. Watch out for koji
> > outages.
>
> What we needed for OCaml was a noarch main package and arch-specific
> subpackages.  Is this now possible?

It is not currently possible. You will get something like this when
trying to have noarch main package and arch dependent subpackage:

error: line 34: Only noarch subpackages are supported: Buildarch: i386

In the current state main noarch package implies noarch subpackages.

Jindrich

Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/