Kernel build question

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 04:05:21 UTC 2009

Casey Dahlin wrote:
>> Conrad Meyer wrote:

>>> No one cares, because F7 (there is no "core" in F7!) has been
>>> unsupported for quite some time. Upgrade or fix your own problems.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>> Attitude, gentleman, attitude!
>>
>> He is right, though. The release is unsupported. Since you're here
>> though, I'd check that root=LABEL part. It doesn't look quite right.
>>
> Where by not quite right I mean that /l is a funny thing to name a disk.
>
> --CJD

Actually, I had not labeled it that.
The installation I believe.
What should the label be?
Here is the fstab:

LABEL=/1                /               ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=SWAP-sda3         swap            swap    pri=1           0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm        tmpfs   defaults        0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts        devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
sysfs                   /sys            sysfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc           proc    defaults        0 0

I tried to build mkinitrd version 6.0.77. But
rpmbuild dies as follows:

Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
/var/tmp/mkinitrd-root
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/bdevid.so

RPM build errors:
    File not found:
/var/tmp/mkinitrd-root/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bdevid.so
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/bdevid.so

I have python installed:

python-devel-2.5-15.fc7
python-2.5-15.fc7
python-libs-2.5-15.fc7

What's causing the above complaint?
Does it mean that the file

/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/bdevid.so

is not supposed to exist?

Cheers,

JD