Heads up: unixODBC rebase and ABI bump

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 20:48:44 UTC 2009

I'd like to push unixODBC 2.2.14 into rawhide before we hit beta.
This is not a trivial proposition because upstream has made some
intentional ABI changes, specifically adjusting the widths of some
integer datatypes so that they match the clarified ODBC specification
on 64-bit platforms.  This'll require at least a rebuild of dependent
packages, and possibly small source code adjustments if they were sloppy
about declaring the types of variables passed to ODBC functions.

repoquery shows the following packages as having dependencies on
unixODBC:

jcollie		asterisk-odbc
jcollie		asterisk-voicemail-odbc
atkac		bind-sdb